Mayyim Hayyim, in partnership with founding members, Adas Israel Community Mikveh in DC, ImmerseNYC, Libi Eir Awakened Heart Community Mikveh in Raleigh, and MACoM in Atlanta is pleased to invite communities from around the world to join the Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network.
The mission of the Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network is to inspire, strengthen and support communities that embrace an open, inclusive and welcoming approach to ritual immersion as a way to mark life transitions.
We believe that providing for the spiritual needs of the entire spectrum of Jewish people will help create a more vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive community for everyone. Our goal is to foster a network so comprehensive that no one will have to travel far to access a Rising Tide mikveh experience.
Statement of common values
The Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network is a group of diverse organizations united by common values:
- Mikabel / Welcome: We aim to provide the best possible experience for all visitors to our mikva’ot. We are committed to anticipating and meeting their needs in open, inclusive, and accessible spaces.
- Kevah & Kavanah / Structure & Intention: We believe that the most successful ritual experiences exist at the intersection of tradition and modernity.
- Tz’micha / Growth: We are committed to growth and to the process of continuous learning; individually, as organizations, and as communities– there is always more to learn and to teach.
- Shutafut / Partnership: Rising tides raise all boats. We recognize that our organizations’ individual progress and our network’s collective success are inextricably linked.
Questions? Contact 617-244-1836, ext. 214 or email email@example.com.
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to private facebook group
- Discounted rates to our Summer Gathering at Pearlstone Center in Maryland, August 13-15, 2018
- Connections to mikveh staff and lay leaders from around the world
- Featured on the Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network website
- Support from the Rising Tide team and network members
Additional benefits for Community, Emerging, and Aspiring Members:
- Access to shared resources
- Invitation to join a moderated listserv
Who should join?
Whether your mikveh has been open for years or you are just beginning to think about creating one, Rising Tide offers a way to participate and get support. We also offer opportunities for individuals and organizations who are supportive of the welcoming mikveh movement to join Rising Tide.
Mikveh Community Member: For functioning mikva’ot.
Emerging Mikveh Member: For those in the development stage of creating a mikveh.
Aspiring Mikveh Member: For those envisioning the creation of a new mikveh.
Mikveh Supporter Member: For supporters (individuals and organizations) who are not listed as members through other membership options.
Thanks to generous foundation and donor support, the first year of membership is $180 annually for Community, Emerging, and Aspiring Members, and serves up to five people per community. Membership for Mikveh Supporter Members is $85 annually.
Who Should Sign Up from My Community?
Your Rising Tide participants listed under Mikveh Community Members, Emerging Mikveh Members and Aspiring Mikveh Members should include those who serve in a staff or volunteer capacity, and who run the mikveh, lead programs, guide guests, are members of the board or participate in planning committees.
If you are in the process of establishing a mikveh, we suggest that you select people who are actively engaged in the effort.
If you are supportive of Rising Tide and want to be involved but are not listed as a participant in one of the above community memberships, we also offer the Mikveh Supporter membership option for individuals and organizations.
Sign up to join
To learn more about how you can support the work of Rising Tide, please contact 617-244-1836, ext. 201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.