The Paula Brody and Family Education Center offers engaging and experiential programs for people of all ages.
The majority of visitors to Mayyim Hayyim never get wet. Every year, more than 3,000 students of nearly every age and background attend some 100 education programs. Groups come from synagogues, day schools, college and university groups, book clubs, non-profit organizations, and fellowship programs. Programs have attracted visitors from all over the United States, Canada, England, Israel, the former Soviet Union, and South Africa.
All Mayyim Hayyim curricula are interactive, stress student participation, and encourage open discussion in a safe, welcoming environment. All programs welcome the participation of people regardless of marital status, religious affiliation, sexual identity, or Jewish literacy.
Education programs take place virtually or on-site as of April 2022. Our stellar programming engages learners from all over, whether in person or online. Request your group’s program today.
- Education Programs are conducted Sunday – Thursday between the hours of 10:00 am and 9:00 pm. Please note that Sundays fill up quickly.
- For larger groups and highly tailored content, please contact our Director of Programs and Partnerships to discuss content and pricing.
- Fully Remote Programming: Our expectations for our fully remote programming are that each participant in the program will be on their own zoom screen and zooming from separate locations. This standard supports a learning environment in which students can be encouraged to participate as fully as possible, each according to their own needs, since there are no echoes from other participants’ computers.
- Hybrid Programming: All participants are in the classroom with their onsite facilitator and the Mayyim Hayyim educator is on Zoom. For our hybrid programs, there will be materials to print for each participant before the program and we will send those to you the week prior to the program. We are only offering a hybrid option to programs that have full screen capacity to project us onto a smart board, projector, etc. We will also need to connect with the educator who will be in person with the participants the week before the program. The purpose for this meeting is to ensure our educator from Mayyim Hayyim can work in synchronicity with the educator who will be on-site with the participants.
Programs for Adults
- Introduction to Mikveh
- For College Students
- Introduction to Judaism
- For Rabbinical and Cantorial Students
- Myths and Traditions
- The Making of Mayyim Hayyim: Vision to Reality
- Niddah: Exploring the Boundaries of Intimacy
- Water and Jewish Tradition
- Beyond the Huppah
- Now What? A Post-Conversion Program
- Knocking at Our Hearts: Preparing for the High Holidays
For more information contact: email@example.com or 617-244-1836 ext. 212