When leaders approach us with their dream of establishing a new open mikveh in their community, often they ask, “Where do we begin?”
The Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network is thrilled to offer a new resource to support communities in creating a new open mikveh.
The Mikveh Starter Toolkit is a robust collection of resources, guided activities, one-on-one consultation, model examples, and templates to guide your community in transforming your mikveh vision into reality.
The Mikveh Starter Toolkit draws from the wisdom, best practices, and learnings of open mikveh initiatives around the world to provide you with a roadmap of realistic steps toward achieving your open mikveh dream. This is a practical, hands-on resource to help your community take impactful action in the essential areas of mikveh making.
The Mikveh Starter Toolkit is a self-paced, customizable, easy-to-navigate online platform with six learning modules:
- Developing Your Mikveh Roadmap
- Building a Mikveh Vision for Your Community
- Developing Your Leadership & Governance Structure
- Mikveh Design & Construction
- Raising Awareness & Capital
- Behind the Scenes: Logistics, Guiding & Scheduling
Upon completion of the Toolkit, your community will have achieved milestones like:
- Created a one-pager pitch document with compelling data and stories
- Defined your mikveh mission, vision, and core values
- Outlined a fundraising and community engagement plan
- Created a mikveh design checklist for your construction team
- And more!
The Mikveh Starter Toolkit program includes access to six one-on-one meetings with expert consultants in the field to answer your questions and provide individualized support.
- Kathryn Klibanoff, 2K Consulting
- Naomi Malka, The Soul Center
- Dara Steinberg, Steinberg Consulting
- Rabbi Joshua Heller, Congregation B’nai Torah & MACoM
- Rachel Eisen, Mayyim Hayyim
- Aki Yonekawa, Mayyim Hayyim
Support new open mikveh initiatives around the world by sponsoring the Mikveh Starter Toolkit!
Learn more about sponsorship