Art teaches the soul to see.
Art teaches the soul to see
The Mayyim Hayyim Art Gallery is a dynamic, public expression of one of our founding principles: Hiddur Mitzvah -- the rabbinic mandate to make Jewish life beautiful. We select and display works of the highest quality and in a variety of media, by artists of all ethnicities and religions. Housed in the Paula Brody & Family Education Center, the gallery functions as a classroom for students of all ages as well as a source of inspiration for everyone who walks through our doors .
We seek to:
- Interest people from diverse backgrounds in Mayyim Hayyim through juried exhibits of the highest quality
- Provide a beautiful environment for those who have come to immerse and for their families and friends
- Present exhibitions and related educational programs that provide original perspectives about immersion in particular, and about ritual in general
- Showcase the creativity of contemporary artists of all faiths
- Provide a forum for the exploration of the role of the arts as an expression of Jewish life
- Serve as a laboratory for Jewish arts education
- Build bridges of interfaith and multi-ethnic understanding